By adding a domain alias to your main domain, you can use an additional domain for things such as e-mail and website. An example of a domain alias is having www.domain.be forwarded to www.domain.nl. You can then also receive email at firstname.lastname@example.org, which is automatically forwarded to email@example.com.
After you place an order in My Cloud86, the new domain is registered and active for you. Now you can have the domain forwarded to your existing domain.
- Log in to the Plesk Control Panel. If you don't know how to do that: click here.
- Click the Add Domain Alias button at the top of the page.
- This is where you add the domain you just ordered to your main domain:
- Domain alias name: the domain you ordered and want to add.
- For domain: the main domain you want to attach the domain alias to.
- The other settings are optional. If you leave everything checked, the domain alias is automatically redirected with a 301 redirect (important for Google) to the main domain. Also, e-mail will be forwarded and the DNS service is enabled.
Your domain aliases are now added to the main domain. You can add unlimited domain aliases to the control panel, so use your imagination!