WordPress is the most popular CMS system in the world which is used for creating websites, blogs, and even online stores. A CMS is a "Content Management System", which simply means it is an application that allows you to manage the content of your website.
With the help of the WordPress Toolkit, installing a new WordPress website is very easy. You no longer need to create databases or upload files like you used to. Nowadays, it's much easier: a few mouse clicks are enough to get started with your new website!
With the help of this guide, you can learn how to start a new WordPress website.
Step 1: Log in to the Plesk control panel
Step 2: Go to the WordPress Toolkit Click on WordPress in the left menu. You are now in the main menu of the WordPress Toolkit where you can manage your WordPress websites.
Step 3: Install WordPress Click on the Install button.
In the next window, you can configure your WordPress.
- Installation path: indicate where you want to place your new website. If you don't have another website, leave this as it is and WordPress will be installed at https://domain.nl. Otherwise, you can choose to install the website in a subdirectory like https://domain.nl/wordpress.
- Website title: enter the title of your website here.
- Plugin or theme set (optional): these are a number of standard themes and plugins that we offer and that are automatically installed.
- Website language: depending on the language you will use on your website.
- Version: if you want to choose an older version of WordPress, you can adjust it here. The latest version is selected by default.
- Username: the username you want to use to log in to WordPress later.
- Password: the password you want to use as an administrator.
- Email: the email address that should be linked to the administrator account.
Note: You don't need to change the other settings unless you have specific wishes for your database and WordPress updates. These other settings are specially suitable for advanced users.
Click on Install and your new website will now be prepared and automatically secured.
The last step (optional): the WordPress Toolkit asks if you want to install plugins for your website. This step is optional and can be skipped.
You can now log in to your own WordPress website!